TPHC2023 ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Abstract reviews and selections will begin December 6, 2022. Thank you for all the amazing submissions for TPHC2023!
Those working in all areas of research and public health relating to American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) populations are encouraged to submit an abstract. Topic areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Mental Wellness
- General Health & Wellness
- Cultural/Traditional Knowledge & Practices
- Youth Wellness
- Community Engagement and Organizing
- Policy and Advocacy
- Maternal & Child Health
- Behavioral Health
- Social Media/Traditional Media Strategies
- Oral health
- AI/AN Research
- Each abstract is limited to a maximum of 250 words.
- Must be relevant to tribal public health and American Indian/Alaska Native populations.
- Must provide three learning objectives.
- Must provide speakers biography.
- Must provide a high-quality headshot.
Abstract Submission Process
- Abstract must be submitted online through this Call for Abstracts web page.
- Faxed, emailed or mailed abstract submissions will not be accepted.
- Presenters (oral or poster) may not use their conference presentation to market products or services.
- All abstracts accepted for breakout and poster presentation will be posted in the conference website and the Whova event app.
Abstract Review and Selection
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by members of the Calls & Speakers Committee. Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified of the results no later than December 16th, 2022. Reviews will not be forwarded to abstract authors.
Abstracts are selected on the basis of appropriate fit to conference theme, relevance to tribal public health, and American Indian/Alaska Native populations. Additional information for oral and poster presentations will be provided to authors of accepted abstracts.
Oral (one-hour breakout session) Presentations
Abstracts will be considered for oral presentation (one-hour breakout session). Abstracts accepted for oral presentation will present in concurrent sessions, with approximately one-hour per session. Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed of presentation dates and times.
- Abstracts accepted for poster presentations will present during the poster presentation session of the conference. Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed of specific times and additional information.
- Poster presenters will be required to set up and take down their posters in the exhibit area. A poster board and thumb tacks will be provided.
- The poster should be no more than 48” wide by 36” tall. Posters will hang from the display boards with thumb tacks, which will be provided at each poster station. Be sure that your poster contains font size big enough so that readers can read the poster from at least 3 feet away.
- Select posters will be accepted for in-person presentations. Poster presenters may not be selected for in-person space, but will be offered virtual space on the event management system, Whova.
- Detailed information, including a set up and take down schedule, will be provided to all poster presenters after the acceptance notification.
Abstract submissions open for TPHC2023
October 1, 2022
ABSTRACT DEADLINE EXTENDED
November 15 November 30, 2022
Abstract submissions initial reviews
December 6, 2022
Tribal Public Health Conference 2023
April 11-13, 2023
Select ‘Calls & Speakers Co-Chairs‘ in the ‘Who’s This For’ form dropdown menu below to contact these committee members.
Cassandra D. Querdibitty, PhD.
Calls & Speakers Committee
Calls & Speakers Committee